Glass railings are a popular option for modern homes. They look fantastic and give your home a clean, contemporary look & feel. But glass can be challenging to maintain. It is often overlooked because it’s not as dirty as walls or floors, but if you don’t take care of it regularly, dirt will accumulate and make the railing look old and dingy. This blog post will discuss some quick tips that will help keep your glass railings looking clean!
– Use a towel to wipe the railing down. Dampen a clean cloth or a paper towel with water and gently wipe off any dirt built up on the glass railings. Wipe from top to bottom, making sure not to miss any spots.
– If you have more time, use vinegar and baking soda for an extra-deep clean. Mix equal parts vinegar & baking soda in a bowl, then apply the paste to your glass railings with either an old toothbrush or another piece of clean cloth. Let this sit for five minutes before scrubbing gently until any built-up dirt is removed. Then rinse off all residue with water.
– Instead of using vinegar and baking soda to remove dirt from your glass railings, you could alternatively try cleaning them with salt! You’ll need equal parts water and table salt for this method. Mix it in a bowl until combined, then apply to your railing with a piece of cloth. Scrub in circular motions until the dirt is gone, then rinse it off and dry with another clean towel or cloth.
– Use rubbing alcohol to clean the railings in-between steps. Dip a cotton ball or pad into some alcohol and wipe off dirt, grease, etc., from the surface of the rails. This method will help dry up any remaining moisture left over.
– Use a squeegee to remove any residue that hasn’t been removed by your wiping or scrubbing methods. You can find squeegees at most home improvement stores and supermarkets, but it won’t be hard to improvise if you don’t have one around the house! A clean piece of fabric, a towel, or even an old pair of tights can do the trick instead.
– You can also use toothpaste! Instead of rinsing after cleaning, let the paste sit for about twenty minutes before wiping it away using warm water. This method is ideal if you’re looking for a quick fix to remove smudges and fingerprints.
Keep in mind that these are quick tips, so you will need to be patient when cleaning your glass railings. If you are looking for an installer for your glass railing project in the GTA, contact Aztec Aluminum Railings at (416) 832-9880.